Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Being a Morning Person for My Man

Ted by the Chitwood Bridge on Day 2
They say opposites attract. So it has been with Ted and me all our married life. An idea person, a doer, one who likes structure, the other quite flexible, and most notably a morning person and a night owl.

After scouting the route upon our arrival in Newport, I was not happy with the condition of the road on what would be Day 2 of Ted’s walk. Construction, minimal or no shoulders, and lots of curves. On his first day’s trek, Ted was able to ascertain that the traffic was heaviest between 8:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M. So I said, “Why don’t we get up early and get started so you can get in several hours in before the traffic gets heavy. We could start at 5:30 A. M. when it gets light.”

Needless to say, my Morning Man was all over that. A heavy rain prevented our 5:30 A.M. departure, but he was on the road by 6:30 when it cleared. So the Night Owl becomes a Morning Person for the one she loves.

And now I’ve got to put the lap top away, put the car in drive and go find him. It’s 7:52 A. M., Day # 2. Over and out from the WAO Sag Wagon.


Blogging by the bridge

2 comments:

  1. Ted, Saw your article in the Albany Democrat Herald. It was great reading about your walk and what you have been up to since our Jefferson Elementary School days. Good luck! It would be great to catch up with you sometime. Elaine (Shinn)Parrott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,

    I think I've seen Ted walking alongside the road! Interesting cause and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way he does about speed limits in Oregon.

    I'd like to do a news story on him if he's not too far by now... can you contact me at susangager@kezi.com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete